Basics advices to protect your skin:
- Daily use of sun protector with 30 FPS or more. Apply 30 minutes before sun exposure and re-apply every four hours.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure, specially between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm.
- Take shelter under trees or anything that might provide protection from the sun.
- If exposed to the sun, wear clothes that protect you: long sleeve shirts, hats, sunglasses with UV protection, etc.
- Avoid tanning, both natural and artificial.
- Do not expose new borns to the sun. Sunblock should only be applied on babies 6 months or older.
- Visit your doctor every year for a professional skin health assessment.
- Self Assessment: it can be helpful for early detection of skin cancer, should be performed on a monthly basis.