- Daily use of sunscreen with SPF30 or higher.
- Apply it 30 minutes before exposure and re apply it every four hours.
- Avoid sun exposure between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Try to keep yourself, under any shade near you.
- If you are exposed to the sun, protect yourself with long sleeved light colored clothing preferably, hat and sun glasses with UV protection.
- Avoid natural or artificial tanning.
- Keep newborns away from sun exposure. Sunscreen should be used only on babies over six months. Visit your doctor every year for a complete professional skin exam.
Source: Dr. Tere Ivette Villanueva Ramos y Sociedad Mexicana de Dermatología.